A Place for Fan Art and All Things Wolfsbaneous.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What I'd Give for Just A Little Rahne

Excerpted from Newsarama's interview with Leonard Kirk, the new artist for New Mutants:

Kirk: The appealing thing about this project for me is that I will be drawing most of the characters I enjoyed in the original graphic novel by Claremont and McLeod in the 1980’s.

Nrama: Can you name a few of the characters you'll be drawing and explain what your approach will be for each character?

Kirk: I'll be drawing the regular line up: Cannonball, Mirage, Karma, Magma, Sunspot, Magik, Cypher and Warlock.


Sounds like if Rahne is going to any regular series, it still isn't this one.

5 comments:

Arkonbey said...

what is up with that? I mean, as much as I like Mirage, she's pretty boring compared to Rahne.

Seriously. WTF? Especially since he used the term "regular lineup" and Rahne was part of the original lineup.

It is really strange. Is there an anti-werewolf or anti-Scot bias at Marvel? Are they out of red-orange ink? Can their artists not draw a petite conservatively-dressed girl?

Let's start a letter campaign :)

Anonymous said...

It is possible that Rahne may be returning to X-Factor.

I wouldn't suggest holding your breath, but there is a chance.

RahneFan said...

Do you have inside info, kkatman?

Callsign: White Tiger said...

Incredible how the founding member of the New Mutants doesn't even get a mention in the new comic let alone inclusion in the lineup.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't call it that.

Simply, I wrote Peter David and asked him is there was much chance he would be writing Rahne again soon.

His answer was "There's always that chance."

This isn't to say that it will happen. But at least he's letting us know there isn't anything in place guaranteeing it won't.

Just enough for a ray of hope, IMHO.